You can see Brian's professional bio on LinkedIn. He is very passionate about vascular testing and is the Technical Director of Truffles Vein Specialists. He is also the Technical Director of Vein Specialists at Royal Palm Square. He is a consultant specialists in the area of vascular testing and vein treatments. Brian has provided over 150 clinical training's for vascular testing and brings a wealth of knowledge to Truffles.
Brian created and teaches the Philips Healthcare Venous Insufficiency: Ultrasound Diagnosis and Disease Management course. This is the University level course and is intended for experienced sonographers, physicians and advanced providers. It is an honor that Philips Healthcare the worldwide leader in ultrasound considers Brian the subject matter expert when it comes to the diagnosis and treatment of chronic venous insufficiency.
In 2014 Brian won the D. E. Strandness, MD, Scientific Award for Excellence in Scientific Research for his work on the "Patterns and Distribution of Deep Vein Thrombus in the Lower Extremity" and presented his research at The International Congress on Thrombosis in Valencia, Spain. In 2019 Brian was a finalists for the same award for his work on the diagnosis of iliac vein compression and pelvic congestion in the non-thrombotic patient.
Before Truffles Vein Specialists Brian was the Technical Director of Piedmont Healthcare's Southern Vein Care for 11 years. In 2015, he decided to partner with Dr. Paul Feldman as they both had the same approach to patient care and wanted to impact the community in a meaningful way. Brian serves on the professional guideline committe and was the chair of the elearning committee for the Society for Vascular Ultrasound. Brian is married and has three children. He volunteers for the Georgia Ovarian Cancer Alliance as a Board Member. He is also on the media committee for the Society for Vascular Ultrasound and host a Vascular Technologist Group of 8700+ members on Facebook.
Skills and Qualifications
• Philips ISITE PACS Administrator for PAPP Clinic/Piedmont Medical Care Corporation. Responsible for all day to day operations of PACS equipment including image workflow, archiving, auto routing, and prefetching and other related activities. Works closely with senior management in the development of operating standards, policies and procedures.
• Technical Director of IAC Accredited Vascular Laboratory – Created IAC protocols and procedures for vascular lab. Routinely performed quality assurance and oversight of vascular testing outlined by the IAC.
• Vascular consulting for hospitals, clinics and private practice on every aspect of the vascular lab including testing, protocols, procedures, marketing and training of staff.
• Extensive experience performing vascular ultrasound and other non-invasive testing in both outpatient and inpatient settings. Perform every vascular test in an IAC accredited facility as well as other more specialized vascular exams.
• Created multiple websites for a dedicated vein practice. In charge of onsite SEO, social marketing and client interaction through media and blogs.
• Extensive experience in capital equipment purchasing, negotiating and understanding of utilization in the vascular lab/vein practice setting.
• Excellent communication and leadership skills including but not limited to: training, initiating changes in protocols and procedures, quality assurance, and being a liaison between the vascular practices and the various hospitals they serve.
• Experienced in performing intraoperative ultrasound guidance for endovenous ablation of the saphenous vein, perforating veins and treatment of varicosities of the lower extremity.
University Of Denton, Denton, Texas
B.S. Health Science
Ultrasound Diagnostic School, Atlanta, Georgia General Diagnostic Ultrasound
July 1995-August 1996 – Certificate
Ultrasound Diagnostic School, Atlanta, Georgia Cardiovascular Science August 1996-October 1997 - Certificate
State University of West Georgia, Carrollton, Georgia
Sanford University, Birmingham, Alabama
Truffles Vein Specialists November 2015 – Present Partner and Technical Director Vascular Lab
Vein Specialists – Fort Myers July 2015-Present
Technical Director Vascular Laboratory
PAPP Clinic/Piedmont Healthcare, Newnan, Georgia September 2004-November 2015
ISITE PACS Administrator 2010-2014
Clinical Consultant Application Specialist
Registered Vascular Solutions, Newnan Georgia
March 2006 – Present
President - Vascular Education Consultant
Harbin Clinic, LLC, Rome, Georgia
October 1997-July 2001, March 2002-June 2004
Staff Vascular Technologist
15+ years of experience in didactic and hands-on education in all areas of vascular ultrasound. Performance of over 130 clinical education classes in the continental United States.
Speaking Engagements and Training Experience Sapp, Brian. “Vascular Ultrasound”
SLMAS Day Symposium April 14th, 2014
Sapp, Brian “Patterns and Distribution of Thrombus of the Lower Extremity”. D.E. Strandness, MD, Scientific and Oral Clinical Scientific Papers session. 2014 SVU National Conference August 6th-9th, 2014, Lake Buena Vista, Fl.
“Venous Insufficiency Testing Society for Vascular Ultrasound Webinar Series 2014
“Arterial Physiologic Testing More Than ABI’s” Society for Vascular Ultrasound Webinar Series 2016
“Diagnosing Venous Compression and Congestion Through Lower Extremity Indicators” Society for Vascular Ultrasound Webinar Series 2017
2015 North Carolina Ultrasound Society Spring Symposium – 4 lectures on Vascular Ultrasound
May 2017 RVT Review Course Instructor – Society for Vascular Ultrasound Atlanta, Georgia November
2017 WSUP Wisconsin Society of Ultrasound Professionals 4 Vascular Topics
October 2017 RVT Review Course Instructor – Society for Vascular Ultrasound Baltimore, Maryland
2018 SVU National Conference - Endothelial Heat Induced Thrombus - The Role of the Post Ablation Ultrasound
2018 SDMS National Conference - - Post Ablation Ultrasound: What is it and What are We Looking for? Diagnosing Venous Compression and Congestion
2018 WSUP Conference - Vascular Track
SCSVU - Iliac Vein Compression and Pelvic Congestion : Role of the Lower Extremity Venous Exam
2018 - AVID Symposium - Deep Vein Thrombosis Expert Panel - Social Media and Healthcare
2019 - Created and Teaching Philips Healthcare VASC 340 Advanced Vein Class (six lecture topics) at Seven Locations including: Virginia Beach, Houston, Lake Tahoe, Maui, New Orleans, Phoenix and Chicago.
2019 - Finalist for the Eugene Strandness Scientific Award - SVU National Convention, Pelvic Vein Pathology and Live Iliac and Pelvic Vein Imaging, Social Media and Healthcare
2019 WSUP Conference - 4 Vascular Talks
2019 SDMS - Iliac Vein Compression Live Scanning and Venous Waveform and Pathology
2020 Philips VASC 340 Advanced Vein Class (six lecture topics) at 11 Locations including: Palm Coast , Florida, Charleston, South Carolina, Virginia Beach, New York, NY (2), Naples, Florida, Hilton Head, South Carolina, Lake Tahoe, Scottsdale, Maui, and Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Honors and Awards
D.E. Strandness, MD, Scientific Award for Vascular Research 2014
Created and Lecturer of the VASC340 course for Philips Ultrasound: Venous Insufficiency: Ultrasound Diagnosis and Disease Management
Volunteer Board Member – Georgia Ovarian Cancer Alliance 2015-Present
Chair of the E-Learning Committee – Society for Vascular Ultrasound 2015-2017
Professional Guidelines Committee Member – Society for Vascular Ultrasound 2017 - Present
Ultrasound Credentials and Membership
Registered RVT Registered RPhS